Escalated enforcement is taken against an FSE that does not comply with the requirements found in City of Raleigh Public Utilities Department Handbook and/or does not comply with the requirements listed of the notice of noncompliance left by the Raleigh Water Inspector. Escalated enforcement can result in a civil penalty not exceeding $2000.00 a day per of noncompliance. A civil penalty may be issued for failure to comply and this failure shall be documented along with the assessed penalty with a deadline for payment unless otherwise documented
Maintenance, Reporting & Record Keeping
(a) Maintenance records shall be maintained onsite where the grease interceptor or oil/water separator is located for a period of three years.
(b) Grease interceptor maintenance records must include the following information.
- FSE name and physical location
- Date and time of grease interceptor service
- Name of grease interceptor service company
- Name and signature of person doing said service
- Established service frequency and type of service (Example Full pump out, partial pump out, on site treatment, etc.)
- Number and size of each grease interceptor serviced
- Approximated amount, per best professional judgment, of grease
- and solids removed from each grease interceptor
- Total volume of waste removed from each grease interceptor
- Destination of removed wastes, food solids, and wastewater disposal
(c) Maintenance records that do not include all the above information will be considered incomplete. Incomplete records are considered a violation of the City of Raleigh Sanitary Sewer Use Ordinance and may subject the facility to penalty assessments and/or service termination.
(d) Facilities for which a specific pretreatment permit has been issued will follow the requirements for maintenance and record keeping as stated in the permit.