Maintaining grease traps properly is of utmost importance in order to avoid having to deal with backups, blockages, and fines.
Ideally, you should pump your restaurant kitchen’s grease trap at least once a quarter.
If you aren’t sure about how to do this, using a reliable and professional contractor will ensure no corners are cut and that your kitchen operates at optimum levels.
Why Should You Clean Your Grease Trap Every So Often?
Grease traps are an important component in any food service establishment. They help filer out FOGs (fats, oils and grease) from the waste water and prevent it from entering the city’s sewer system.
If fats, oils and grease find their way into the drain, they can solidify and cause the drain to clog. As a result, overflows and damage can occur to your kitchen’s plumbing system.
Also, besides causing damage, poorly maintained grease traps can also get you into trouble with the local health officials for violation of municipal codes.
That's why cleaning your grease traps is very important.
Tips when Hiring Grease Trap Cleaning Services
1. Ask Questions
Ask as many questions during the interview as possible. Some of the questions you may consider asking include:
- Is your maintenance schedule an ongoing thing?
- How will you be able to handle emergency calls?
- How long have you been in operation?
- How many commercial kitchens are you servicing at the moment?
2. Get a Quote
Find a contractor who is clear and transparent with prices. Various factors can affect the price of service, such as the amount of FOG content and accessibility.
At Greasecycle, we don’t take advantage of our clients by charging more than is reasonable.
3. Do Research
Do a bit of research to find out more about the company, such as how they handle the waste after it’s pumped out.
Greasecycle has a NCDEQ-facility that is 100% certified to haul FOG and recycle it. After servicing your commercial grease trap, we’ll transport the waste to our plant in Raleigh and source it into both biofuel and compost.
4. Work with Professionals
Work with a contractor that has a team of trained technicians experienced with pumping and cleaning your grease trap.
Again, Greasecycle offers quick and effective grease trap cleaning solutions.
5. Always Inspect the Work Afterwards
Once the contractor has performed the services, look at their work.
Check to see that there is no caked grease in the corners or on the walls, and that the trap is completely empty.
6. Request the Contractor to Help Educate your Staff
A good contractor should be able to educate your employees on how best to manage FOG, and on the best restaurant practices.
7. Find a Local-Based Contractor
This will help ensure that disposal of your restaurant FOG isn’t a hassle.
Greasecycle is based in Raleigh, so your grease trap cleaning and restaurant cooking oil disposal is just around the corner.
8. Find a Contractor who can Cater to your Restaurant’s Unique Needs
No two restaurants are created the same. That’s why you want to find a contractor who is flexible and will match your restaurant’s needs.
Our Greasecycle Services
Are you looking for a reliable grease trap cleaning company for your North Carolina restaurant? If so, look no further than Greasecycle. We provide our clients with thorough and dependable grease trap cleaning services throughout North Carolina.
When you work with us, our professional technicians will ensure your grease trap is working optimally. Our grease trap cleaning process is both quick and effective.
Our goal is to ensure you are able to focus entirely on your business, rather than dealing with greasy issues.
The following are some of the services you can expect from Greasecycle:
- Grease trap pumping and cleaning. Greasecycle has a professional team of technicians who will keep your kitchen operating optimally. Don’t wait until your grease trap starts to overflow, get in touch with us ASAP!
- Oil recycling. Greasecycle will pay you top dollar for your used cooking oil. Each year, we reclaim millions of pounds of used cooking oil and recycle them at our NCDEQ-approved facility.
- Grease trap waste processing. We partner with grease trap pumpers and haulers to assist them improve their bottom line.
Why Hire Us?
The following are some of the things that set us apart from the competition when it comes to grease trap cleaning in North Carolina.
- We’ll pay you to recycle your waste cooking oil.
- Our company is just around the corner, as we’re local and based in Raleigh.
- We focus on providing green solutions. After we pump out your waste, we’ll recycle it into renewable biofuel at our facility that’s approved by NCDEQ.
- Besides grease trap cleaning, we also do grease trap maintenance. We’ll schedule your restaurant to ensure overflows and backups are a thing of the past.
- All of our services are customizable. We’ll customize our services to meet the needs of your specific kitchen.
- Our customer service is unparalleled. When you call us, we won’t put you on hold. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
So, what are you still waiting for? Call Greasecycle today at 919-817-8706!
Let our grease trap professionals save you time and money so you can focus entirely on growing your business!